Slender catamaran hull design combined with robust, yet lightweight composite hull material offers high-speed capabilities and reduced vessel motions, resulting in excellent seakeeping capabilities and exceptional passenger comfort.
All WAVECRAFT ™ vessels are based on the air-cushion catamaran and Surface Effect Ship (SES) design.
- Shallow draft
- Fewer wave-induced forces on the hull
- Damping effect from vertical motion control system ensures a smooth ride
- In a seaway the vessel behaves more like a much larger vessel
- Reduced hull friction as vessel is “lifted” up from the water, resulting in very high-speed from generated by the conventional main propulsion system, and hence, ensuring low fuel consumption (l/nm)
- High efficiencies deliver reduced environmental impact